Friday, August 22, 2008

Tired of cooking your ice cream?

I wanted a quick and easy recipe that didn't involve a long prep time for my ice cream. No making custard and cooling in fridge overnight. Sometimes you just want to make it and not wait overnight so I did some looking around and a bit of tweaking and I made a really delish base vanilla. I think this would be great with chocolate drizzled in or some fresh peaches or some type of fruit.

No Cook Vanilla

2 c cream or half n half
1 c milk
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon or pinch of salt

Mix it up thoroughly and start your machine.

That is it!

I like that it requires no preplanned thought. Company coming, it can be dressed up. Hot and just want something sweet and smooth, done. I think it would be yummy with some fresh peaches mixed in as well. We have tons of peaches in Oklahoma from the Porter Peaches Festival and it is peaches time of year here, so dig in everybody! :)

No comments: