Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New Item of the Week - Lemon Grass!


Well, I have heard about lemon grass many times but I have never seen it in my markets ... until today! Now here is the dilemma, I have NO idea what to do with it. I believe it is popular in Asian cuisine but other then that, no clue. So I am off on a web hunt for yummyness. I rarely see or find new things so today was a good day. I guess because we are in the middle of the Midwest some things don't transport well like they do on the coasts.I did notice when I lived in DE we found a lot more variety then here in Oklahoma. I am happier when I find a new item as I am becoming more aware of cooking then in the past. Before kids we were dinks Double Income No Kids (i love that) and we always ate out because we were usually travelingor just to tired. When the kids were added I started feeding them the Gerber Organics line and we still ate out but due to my sons health issues I started cooking more at home and as natural as possible. I am very very flawed but I am enjoying learning every day so now that I prattled on I will get to the point.


I want to know how you use lemon grass and what you enjoy cooking. I feel like I have learned so much from everybody online and I just want to say thanks for all the great ideas and the pure delish so much of you have shown me.
I will show you what I made so come back soon and I will be ready :)


No comments: