Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie


I haven’t tried the hot “now” recipe from the NY Times because I forget to leave myself the resting time but these are awfully good. They are a nice simple go-to type cookie.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature

1/2 cup white sugar

3/4 cup packed light brown sugar

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

2 large eggs, at room temperature

8 oz block of chocolate broken up or a bag of chocolate chips
you can add nuts walnuts or pecans would be good about 1/2 cup ( I didn't)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.


Line 2 cookie sheets with silpat or a silicone sheet. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
Place the butter, sugar, and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer; cream together on medium speed until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat in the vanilla and eggs. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and continue to mix until a smooth batter forms. Add the chocolate chips.


To form the cookies, scoop about 1/4 cup of cookie dough into your hands and roll it around into a ball; place them about 3-inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets; you should get about 4 cookies on each pan. Press down the tops of the dough slightly and bake until the cookies are light brown, 12 minutes for chewy cookies, or about 15 minutes for crispy cookies.
I use a scoop so that I don’t have to worry about hand forming matching sizes.




On a different note, my laptop computer is now trash. I got a Trojan virus that ate a great deal of my computer! How someone could find that fun is just……… Anyway I got a new Dell and it is PINK! I am very excited it should come by the end of the month so my posts may not be everyday until the end of the month but hopefully I will have no problem posting as my ice cream machine is coming on Thursday so tomorrow I will get my chocolate base ready and I will be posting how it goes.

See you soon. I hope you all have a healthy computer tonight :)

No comments: