Thursday, August 7, 2008

School lunches and my baby is growing up!

I am so excited. School starts in 1 week! I will miss my little man but I am excited because he will now be in full time kindergarten, no more half day running around like when he was in pre-k. I am a little sad as I am used to having him around 24/7 so this may be a big change for both of us. I will be going to take him his lunch for the first 2 days of school to help him adjust to full days and then (hopefully) he can take his lunch himself in the mornings. I thought it would be fun to doll up his lunch and I know the bento style is very popular but I was worried he would have trouble with the boxes. I didn’t want him to get confused at school as he is autistic and could get vocal when confused. I did however decide to do a modified bento box. I bought a new fun item to help him smile when he opens his lunch box.



They are egg shapers. You put a shell removed hardboiled egg in it and close it. It creates a 3-d design on the egg. They are so hard to find so I snatched these up on eBay today. I was so excited to find them. I will post the lunch I make with them as I thought it would be fun to match the shape of his sandwich to the shape of the egg! I will only show him one shape to explain that it is an egg for him to eat and the rest of the shapes can be a surprise.

Please tell me if there are any tricks I need to know about using these egg shapers.

No comments: