Tuesday, March 25, 2008

TREAT DAY

Ok, I think I got my groove back. Today I made a super delish triple chocolate chip cookie. I had trouble making them as I kept sampling the batter. I was going to make chocolate chip muffins but it called for sour cream and I was out. I thought that was unexpected in the list so I wasn't prepared

Triple Choco Cookies adapted from allrecipes.com

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. I actually cooked more like 13 min but I use a large cookie scoop. This makes about 30ish for the size scoop I have but I bet you could make more as my scoop is large.

I didn’t use any nuts as I am out at the moment but I think that would be a delish addition to the cookie. I used a mix of white and milk chocolate chips but I think you could use dark and milk or any combo you like. I am pretty much over my cold so this should be great for everybody (hopefully). I am more worried then usual after last weeks debacle. I do have a reputation as a fabulous cook to uphold after all:) .

No comments: