Thursday, March 6, 2008

I got a new toy!

My husband works dreadful hours. He leaves at 5 am and sometimes isn’t home till midnight. I try to have food ready so if he walks in at 7 or 9 I have something ready. This is not easy. I cook dinner for the kids at 5pm but he is rarely home then. I found a gadget that cooks a frozen chick breast in 9 min yes start to finish 9 min. I can prepare chicken or meat before in a marinade and throw it in when he is on the way home. I was leery to spend 100 dollars on a new product but on sale 50 percent off I decided to give it a whirl. It is called the Rocket Grill. It has parchment bags it cooks the food in so there is zero cleanup. I was concerned about the bags as I try to leave as small a carbon footprint as possible but it is paper so I thought I could recycle it. I love that because it cooks in the bag there is no cleanup time. Let’s face who wants to clean the kitchen again after you already did it right? So last night I made a simple garlic and balsamic vinegar breast. I threw a couple of cloves of garlic in with the breast and it cooked PERFECT. I made a quick dinner a 8 pm and cleanup took just 30 seconds. All in all I am happy and now if I forget to defrost I can still cook a healthy and delicious dinner.

No comments: