Monday, July 7, 2008

Long time no see

Hi Everyone,

I am very sorry that I haven’t posted in awhile. I was so surprised to realize it has almost been 2 months! I have been very busy in that time. I gutted my master bathroom and put in a new tub and vanity and am going to add some cabinets. It seems so much bigger now. The bathroom was light yellow everything tub, sink, walls, EVERYTHING - it always looked dirty and dark. Now it is all white and bright. I am trying to decide what color to do the walls they are white for now but I am thinking of doing a color. I am so proud of all our work as it has been just me and my hubby that did everything. My brother helped gut the bathroom and cut the tub in half but after it was gutted it was all me and the hubby. We also laid a wood floor down so we have been working very hard. I have not been cooking big meals as we are so tired at the end of the day we have been eating a lot of sandwiches. I did make some yummy pancakes the other night for dinner.

My kids love breakfast for dinner.


Pancakes adapted from FoodNetwork.com

3 cups all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs, at room temperature
2 1/2 cups milk, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
6 tablespoons unsalted butter or oil , plus more as needed


In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.

In another bowl, beat the eggs and then whisk in the milk, vanilla and oil.

Let rest for a few min and then drop by ¼ cup onto a hot oiled griddle. Flip over after bubbles are on pancakes.

This makes a lot of pancakes. I prefer smaller pancakes but I make 2 large ones for my hubby.

I also made some bacon I got from my local butcher. So all were happy.

No comments: