Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Peanut butter + chocolate

Yummy, I love math! Today I made
Reese’s Peanut Butter And Milk Chocolate Brownies.
It is from the Best Loved Hershey’s cookbook my dear friend and sister in law,Lorry, got for me. I have been collecting cookbooks from second shops and tag sales but she bought me a thick luscious new book that lies flat and has thick glossy pages. It is a pretty book just to look at but this is delish.

¾ c Hershey’s coca
½ teaspoon baking soda
2/3 c organic butter melted you will split this up
½ c boiling water
2 c fair trade organic sugar
2 cage free organic eggs
1 1/3 c flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
1 full pkg peanut butter chips
1 c milk chocolate chips I did closer to 2 cups to make it super chocolatee


1. heat oven to 350 degrees grease a 13x9x2 pan. I like to line with release foil and it makes for quick cleanup.

2. stir together coca and baking soda. stir in 1/3 c butter and boiling water stir until it thickens. then add the eggs, sugar and remaining 1/3 c butter. Add flour, vanilla and the salt. Blend completely. Stir in the chips. Pour into pan.


3. bake 35 minutes until it pulls away from the sides. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut it how you like it.

4. try not to eat entire pan.


It took 30 min to cook in my oven. This looks amazing, it has a crackly glossy top. I think we have another hit because my husband was panting as I mixed it up. The smell was so strong of chocolate it was amazing.

No comments: