Thursday, April 3, 2008

Something Fresh!!!

Don’t tell Whole Foods but I am cheating on them. I went to Reasor’s the other day and the veggies looked amazing! I got red, orange and yellow peppers all for only 50 cents each. Wow, as normally they are about 2.50 each I was excited they also had great squash. So last night I made a simple squash fry. I used one small yellow squash and wished I had made more as the hubby took most.

1 yellow chopped in about ¼ in pcs squash
¼ orange pepper chopped
1 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves garlic minced

I melted the butter added the olive oil, and then simmered the garlic in it for a minute. Then threw in the veggies stirred it up and let it cook about 10 min. SOOO good I loved the taste and it was nice and garlicky. If you don’t love garlic I would use less as this is a small amount of veggies. I used my tiny fry pan. I am thinking I might make this again tonight. I am glad to see some pretty things as you know I have been whining on the lack of veggies. I also saw asparagus finally but there was only one bunch left so none for me, today anyway.

So finally I can say Welcome Spring and, of course, living in the Midwest Welcome Tornadoes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your blog! I'm just learning the basics of cooking, but I agree that all those chemicals and preservatives in most foods are unnecessary. I can't wait to try your squash fry - I never used to like squash as a kid, but I've been meaning to try it again for a while.